It's listener feedback week! Whoo! Interesting calls this week from Matt and Jonzer... and, as is often the case, things are a bit random... but that's okay!
Topics this week:
- Distracting distantly screaming daughter - a great way to open a podcast (listen carefully)
- Obscure 1950's GM commercial clip
- Calls and cell phone issues
- Pondering fondness of the 1980s, 1950s, and other decades
- Social Media Breakfast here in Minneapolis/St. Paul (http://www.smbmsp.org/)
- Eclectic tastes and Eric's lack of niche other than himself
- Upper Peninsula Michigan accents
- Lack of interest in sports and cars
- Jonzer's call on canonization, sainthood and miracles (referencing Eric's not-so-secret workplace as something super-secret)
- Canonization information from ReligionFacts.com
- Matt Beckwith on commuting, spacial memory, Podcast Stockton
- Commute times, olfactory memories, Chuck Tomasi and ChuckChat
- Fame: Neighbor Shawn Turek and the Keith King show ("Just A Show")
- Misplaced popularity among the SMBMSP folks in Eric's listings in Twitter
- Personal branding struggles: "Personal podcasting" vs. topical podcasting
- Chloe's cleft lip and palate, personal connections, and Eric's spectacular humility
- Eric's explanation of Matt's failed calls and speeding police cars
- Matt's iPad and its use as a "consumption device"... or is it?
- "The world is shrinking"... or is it? It's small, yet it's big
- And... every title of this month's podcasts mentions "April"
- CALL! 206-339-3742 a.k.a. 206-339-ERIC: "Feel personally empowered to call and say 'Hi'!"
Now, one last question: Do you like the outline above? I ran through the podcast recording in its entirety just before posting this because I had a nagging feeling that I'd accidentally left a "blown take" in it somewhere, and while I was listening I jotted the quick notes above. Does it help? Hinder? Clarify? Destroy the magic? Call or comment here with opinions, and thanks for listening... assuming you don't use those notes as an excuse not to listen!